หน้าเว็บ

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 25 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2554

S7 Android Tablet (WiFi, 900/2100 3G, 7-inch Screen


In Stock.
Sold by Seller1ON1 and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Want it delivered Thursday, August 25?
Order it in the next 9 hours and 4 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. 
Details 
11 new from $178.60 6 used from $160.90

This review is from: S7 Android Tablet (WiFi, 900/2100 3G, 7-inch Screen)
I received the Huawei Idios S7 tablet as a Christmas gift. I'd been researching android tablets but couldn't find an affordable one with the full android market. My wife got tired of waiting on me to make up my mind and picked up the S7 from Best Buy for ~ $300 USD after doing zero research or price comparison on it.

I basically wanted something to use as an e-reader/PDA and thus far the S7 has performed satisfactory in these aspects. Though I am happy with it, it could be better in a few areas.

Pros:
-Android OS 2.1 (not sure if it will be upgradeable to 2.2). It runs stable 99% of the time. I've had a few strange lock ups and unexpected reboots but very few and far between.
-Full Android Market Place!
-The tablet has a wifi adapter and a SIM card slot for cellular networks. Though I mostly use wifi I have tried an AT&T sim card in it and it worked fine on the 3G network in my area.
-Micro SD card slot
-Optical mouse thingy for menu navigation
-Stylus slot and stylus
-Kick stand for sitting it down and viewing angled
-Front and rear facing cameras even though they have a low MP count
-Nice screen size makes it a good e-reader in the right lighting. It also has a very good picture and frankly the brightness can be turned way down before it gets hard to read.

Cons:
-The touch screen isn't all that great. I find that I need to use my finger nail or the stylus most of the time. It didn't take me very long to adjust to it but it is no iphone/ipad in this aspect. If you buy it invest in a good screen protector before you even take the factory one off.
-The battery life is nothing to write home about. I might get 4 or 5 solid hours of usage before I have to charge it. I find turning off the wifi adaptor when not in use, dimming the screen, and reducing the number of applications (widgets mostly)you keep running on it prolongs the battery life.
-The lack of accessories is horrible. Best Buy carries this unit and they don't even have any. There is literally nothing out there. I've tried to find a day planner style case for it but thus far have been unsuccessful despite many hours of searching.

Though I really like mine I can only give it three stars due to the the battery life, screen problems, and the lack of accessories.

2 ความคิดเห็น: